Shield Therapeutics Inc is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. For the purposes of data protection legislation, Shield Therapeutics is the data controller.
We are active on social media pages and we may integrate social media widgets or features on the Site. These social media companies may recognize you and collect information about your visit to the Site, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of those companies.
What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It
(a) Information We Collect
Certain features on the Site enable you to provide us with certain personal information that we may use to contact or identify you. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Identifiers such as first and last name; email address, phone number, mailing address, IP address, and online identifiers;
- Protected classification characteristics under state or federal (United States) law such as: race, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, insurance information, and prescription information;
- Biometric information such as behavioral characteristics, activity and patterns used to extract health data;
- Preferences (including emotional or romantic orientation);
- Financial information;
- Certain medical information to comply with pharmacovigilance, reporting to regulatory authorities, and for other legal or regulatory requirements.
- Company name and position or title;
- Other commercial information (e.g., records of products purchased from us);
- Internet activity (e.g., information on your interactions with the Site);
- Geolocation data;
- Demographic information;
- Professional or employment related information such as previous employment history;
- Education information;
- Information that we may collect from you offline in connection with business-related interactions with you, such as if you provide information to us at an industry event, business meeting, or contact us by telephone; and
- Any other form or category of personal information which you directly submit to us in any manner, including but not limited to in emails or survey responses.
(b) How We Collect Information
We may collect the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
(i) From You
We collect personal information from you in the following ways:
- Directly from you when you:
- Inquire about our services and offerings;
- Contact us through the “Contact Us” link on the Site;
- Create an account on the Site;
- Sign up for email updates;
- Participate in a survey, promotion or event;
- Enter into a contract with us; or
- Otherwise submit personal information or materials or content containing personal information to us, including but not limited to, via a submission on the Site or via an email or phone call to us.
- Indirectly from you:
- By observing your actions on the Site;
- When you have opted into marketing via third-party programs;
- Via social media platforms;
- From your employer, principal, authorized representative or agent enters into a contract with us; or
- When you are referred to us through a marketing promotion.
If you contact us through electronic communication, including by email, we typically retain the email in our file servers and collect any contact information you provide so that we can reply to you. Your email also contains metafiles that may contain IP addresses, domain names, and other standard file information and this information may be retained electronically on our servers or in routine back-up files.
If you browse the Site, regardless of whether you create a user account, or otherwise interact with the Site, we log your IP address (the internet address of your computer) to tell us which parts of the Site you visit and how long you spend there. We may also track the state and/or country you are accessing the internet from, the date and time you visited and the type of computer, operating system and web browser you are using. We may also obtain additional information about you from other sources, including from our suppliers, service providers, public databases, social media and other third parties. For instance, we may use information obtained from third parties to confirm your contact or financial information, to verify licenses or obtain other information.
We utilize third party companies and analytics to help us market, sell, and provide information about our products and services; and we provide your personal information to these third party companies to assist us in conducting business with you. We may use web analytics tools provided by service providers, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics, which is a third party service that transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We may use reports provided by Google Analytics or other similar service providers, to help us understand the Site’s traffic, and web page usage. For more information concerning Google Analytics and how it collects and processes data please see “How Google Uses Data When You Use Our Partners Web Sites or Apps” located at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. We may use the information provided by these tools to improve our services and our online advertisements. These tools place session and persistent cookies in your browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit the Site. Each cookie cannot be used by anyone other than the service provider (e.g. Google Analytics).
(iv) Other Sources
To the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws, we may also receive personal information or draw inferences about you from other sources. These may include commercially available sources, such as public databases, data aggregators, advertising networks, internet service providers, data analytics providers, social networks, and data brokers. If applicable data protection law requires it, we will obtain your consent before using your personal information for our business purposes.
Purposes for Use of Personal Information
We may process, use, sell or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- Respond to your questions and requests;
- Improve customer service;
- Send you email updates;
- Create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us;
- Provide the products and services you request;
- Identify your product and services preferences;
- Promoting our business and products, including but not limited to providing testimonials;
- Personalize your experience on the Site and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads;
- Provide information concerning products and services you have purchased and products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of the Site, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business;
- Engage in other activities in the normal course of running a biopharmaceutical company;
- Protecting rights and interests of the Company; and
- To fulfill regulatory and legal requirements.
We may also use your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
How We Share Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose, or sell your personal information, subject to applicable rights you may have by operation of applicable law.
We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers who have been retained to perform services on our behalf to help with proposed or actual business activities, including without limitation, contractors, insurers, physicians, medical providers, email and SMS vendors, hosting and development companies, fulfillment companies, common carriers and payment processors, to help us market our products and services, process orders, deliver products, perform market research, promotions management and otherwise assist us in running our business.
- Data aggregators and data analysis firms.
- Other Parties: We may share information with third parties such as third party marketing companies, for business purposes subject to applicable data protection laws.
- Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate information, such as demographic and usage statistics, with other organizations.
We may also disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, court order or legal process; (ii) in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (iii) under the discovery process in litigation or arbitration; (iv) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with the prevention of or the investigation or prosecution into suspected or actual illegal activity; or (v) if in good faith we believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable. In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed by third party forensic investigators and other technology professionals for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the Site. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may also be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
We may take personal information and aggregate data so that it is no longer identifiable. We may use this information to enhance the features of the Site and services. We may also sell or license this aggregated information to third parties or publish the information. We will take reasonable precautions to ensure that such aggregated information does not contain any confidential or otherwise identifiable data that could be used to identify its source.
How We Secure Personal Information
We maintain commercially reasonable procedures and technology designed to prevent the unauthorized access of your information that you provide to us. We maintain reasonable technical, administrative and organizational security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those security measures.
If you believe your information has been accessed in an unauthorized manner, please contact us immediately using the details provided below.
How We Retain of Personal Information
Changes and Updates to this Policy
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 through the Site. Children are not encouraged to use the Site and we request that children under the age of 16 not submit any personal information to the Site. Since information regarding children under the age of 16 is not collected through the Site, we do not sell the personal information of individuals we actually know are less than 16 years of age.
- sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- writing to us at 9020 Capital of Texas Hwy. Suite II-130, Austin, TX 78759; or
- calling us at 866-789-8779
However, if you are a Data Subject and feel we have not resolved a privacy concern related to personal information processed or transferred by the Company, you have the right to submit a complaint to a supervisory authority.